Summer Activities to Enjoy Before Summer Ends!
Hey y’all! There’s still plenty of warm weather left for Steamboat summertime adventures! What have you not done yet on the list of fun summer activities? Let’s find out and get them crossed off of your list!
- Horseback riding- When in Steamboat, do as the local cowboys do. Go for a wonderful trail ride or cattle drive at one of the many equine establishments. There is everything from places that give you personalized lessons to fun trail rides or cattle drives! It’s an awesome family activity and you can see all the views of the valley. Click here to find out more.
- Tubing the Yampa- this year we have been blessed with a longer tubing season! Despite the lack of rain, the river is still plenty high for a fun adventure on tubes. Buy your own and put in where you choose, or rent one from Backdoor Sports who also offers transportation. Check out our tubing page for more information and safety tips!
- Hot Air Balloon Ride- Get a true bird’s eye view of the Yampa Valley from the basket of a hot air balloon! That’s right, this is the ultimate romantic morning for you and your sweetheart or just an awesome experience to share with family and friends. Wild West Balloon Adventures provides you with a continental breakfast, traditional champagne ceremony, and a personalized flight certificate. There is personalized shuttle service available upon request.
- The Howler Alpine Slide– This is truly the most exciting summer attraction! Take a chairlift ride to the top of the historic Howelsen Hill before sledding down along the 2,400 foot track on a sled provided for you. The coolest part is that proceeds go to developing the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club—help young local athletes achieve their dreams and have a blast at the same time!
- Coca-Cola Adventure Zone: The Coca-Cola Adventure zone is new and improved this year! Bring the kids down to do the obstacle course, the slingshot bungee, rock climbing wall, and more. It’s a day full of fun your kids will love. Parents, while you wait, enjoy a beer and a burger over at the Bear River bar and grill. You can still watch the kids and enjoy some time with each other.
Don’t miss out on any of these activities! And let us know which was your favorite!
Share your photos, videos and experiences with us on Facebook and Instagram at @VisitSteamboat.com.